Monday, January 16, 2012

Relationships

When I found out that I was pregnant, I always thought that it would bring me closer to my friends, especially the ones who already had kids, but in fact the opposite seemed to happen. Not the fault of my friends at all, it was me. I seemed to become closed off and kept to myself. My relationship with my mom flourished, which was awesome because we were already close, but I am not sure why I held back from my friends. It wasn't a purposeful decision, it just happened. Even my best friend Crystal had said to me "I thought when you became pregnant, that we'd become closer" but nothing really changed.

Even now, I would much rather stay at home with my son, and am not really interested in going out, or leaving him at home while I do something without him. I really don't know why. It's just me and Riley, and I am completely happy with that. It's not that I don't love my friends is that I don't want to hand out with them, I just want to always be with Riley. I am not sire if it is a first time mother thing, a single mother thing, both or neither. It's weird.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way, I rarely leave Lucas! I do enjoy playdates with my new mommy friends, but I don't see my old friends much.

    ReplyDelete